TANDY O. LOFLAND
Tandy O. Lofland is President, CEO, and founder of the Intergroup companies, a full-service development, investment banking, brokerage, and advisory firm. Prior to founding the company in 1980, he spent nearly ten years in all phases of real estate development and construction as Senior Vice President of CRSS, Inc., a NYSE firm and one of the largest international design, construction and real-estate advisory firms in the U.S.
At CRSS, he was responsible for securing, initiating, and managing development of projects in several U.S. markets as well as international projects in Mexico, Puerto Rico, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Macau, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Central America, and several locations in the Caribbean.
Since forming Intergroup he has over 30 years in domestic and international development, brokerage, and capital sourcing, specializing in middle-market, upscale, and luxury off-market and negotiated projects and transactions. With several billion dollars in total value completed, examples include:
- Represented European buyer in largest U.S. hotel-industry portfolio acquisition that year ($1/3 billion)
- Advised owner on sale of historic Paris office building on Place de la Concorde for highest cost/M2 in the world
- Co-developed one of the first three Park Hyatt hotels
- Provided site for one of first five Homewood Suites prototype projects
- Provided site for one of the first Hampton Inn projects
- Acquired first parcel of real estate ever sold by Walt Disney Corporation in Orlando
- Assembled, developed, and marketed a 195-acre mixed-use development next to Disney w/1,000 hotel rooms, 1,000 time-share units, 100,000 SF of retail space, 288 condos, and a large equestrian tourist attraction
- Developed world's largest Radisson hotel in Orlando
- Secured equity and structured new venture for an upscale boutique ocean-front resort in Los Cabos, Mexico
- Brought Hyatt to South America for their first projects on the continent (Buenos Aires, Santiago)
- Brought Four Seasons to South America for their first projects on the continent (Buenos Aires, Uruguay Wine Country)
- Redeveloped over 1,000 rooms in four hotels adjacent to the Houston Astrodome
- Co-developed a Hyatt Regency as the first modern hotel in Macau at start of new gaming era
- Has developed, advised on, or sourced capital for hundreds of properties in 20 states and 11 countries
Current and past activities and positions held include: Greater Houston Partnership; President of Parkway Property Owners' Association; President of Parkway Architectural Review Board; City Council Member - Hedwig Village (Houston); Texas, Vice Chairman of Planning and Zoning Commission - Hedwig Village; Osceola County Chamber of Commerce; Florida Chamber of Commerce; Osceola County Committee of 100; Sigma Chi Fraternity; University of Houston Honors Program; Cullen College of Engineering Advisory Council; Urban Land Institute; hospitality and real estate affiliations in national, Texas, and Florida organizations; and numerous charity, community, outdoor, and environmental organizations.
He holds a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering and a Master of Business Administration in Finance and Marketing.
Jerry started in the hospitality industry in the late 1980ís with Holiday Inn Worldwide. Working in sales and dealing with owners and property GMs pertaining to their furniture, fixtures, & equipment needs. Jerry expanded from FF&E sales to working with owners, designers, & architects from the startup of new projects working with clients in the design phase, working with vendors to ensure quality products, and ensuring pricing that is in the best interest of the client.
After working 20 years with several hospitality procurement companies, Jerry started Osborne+Associates in 2006 expanding from sales to operating his own business. Going beyond working with clients in sales and procurement, to handling the financing and working with leasing companies, lenders, etc., to get deals put together. After 10 years of running a successful procurement business, Jerry expanded with 2nd start up business in renovations. Including handling the demo and installation of FF&E products to incorporate total turn-key service to the client. Overseeing design, procurement, funding, and construction has been an A to Z approach to working in the hospitality industry.
Along the journey, Jerry has worked the past 15 years directly with hotel brokers in assisting with PIP cost, property values, and indirectly helping to bring buyers & sellers together. The obvious next step was to get into the hotel brokerage and capital sourcing arenas. In 2021, Jerry received his Texas Real Estate license working under the Intergroup Realty, Inc. brokerage firm. Jerry brings a complete knowledge of understanding to owner expectations in the hospitality industry.
Jerry Osborne, Sales Associate
Intergroup Realty, Inc.